Sunday, August 12, 2012

Zigzags and Hexies


Another day, another zigzag block.  Pink and a gray floral.  I like both the fabrics and yes, I would normally put these together.  Finally a pretty block!


And hexies!  I made these this afternoon and will make more tonight.  Love this fabric by Malka Dubrawsky!

What a lovely afternoon to sew - bright, sunny, not too humid.  Though I love to sew no matter what the weather is doing outside!

I've come to a halt in my unpacking.  Everything is out of the boxes, but not everything is put away.  Maybe this week I'll be in the mood to organize.  Baby steps.

Never did find my bike helmet, the antique sewing machine, or the fabric.  They must have ended up at someone else's house.  Maybe they're with the people who were supposed to get the old console TV that the movers delivered with the rest of our stuff - no, we don't have a console TV!  We sent it back on the moving truck.  I'll file a claim for the missing items this week.

Hope you had a happy, relaxing weekend!

4 comments:

Sujata Shah said...

Hi Julia,

I love this block too. Pretty combo of fabrics. Do you know there is a QAL for the Zigzag quilt?
Visit http://smazoochie.blogspot.com/2012/08/streak-of-lightning-qal.html
Congratulations to your daughters. You should be proud!

SGB said...

I like that green fabric! It's so pretty. I usually read your blots because I thought you lived in Alabama too. Imagine my surprise when I looked back through your older posts and discovered you live in the same little town as me. How long have you been in Auburn? It's a great place.

Debby said...

What a sweet zig zag block, my fav so far!! Nothing like sitting around in the evenings working on hexies. Lots of hexie work around my house last week

Anina said...

Oh my gosh! Those hexies are SO pretty!