After trying various white marking pencils which never showed up very well on my dark brown background, I went with the tried and true: slivers of soap. The soap glides on so easily and make the marking process much quicker. I mark a couple of rows, then quilt them. Then mark, then quilt. As I was marking the last bit, I realized I put the very first row of loopy feathers in the wrong place. Big oops.
So I spent the next 45 minutes doing this. (This floral is the backing of the quilt.)
Then I ended up with this. Very worth the effort! I marked this area again. This afternoon I plan to finish quilting all the loopy feathers so I can move on to the rest of the quilting.
I brought a doggy bed up to my studio yesterday. Mickey hates to be left behind downstairs.
Good night, Mickey.
An Applique Day...
7 hours ago