Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fun Guild Meeting

It's was so good to be back at Guild yesterday. Our speaker was a teacher from a quilt shop in Montgomery. She showed some quilts she made using various templates and products available at the store. She made the hexie quilt top with precut papers - the English method. I love the quilt, but I prefer my own way to make hexies.
The rest of these quilts were made with a 60 degree ruler and jelly rolls.


Pretty stuff!

I'm officially ready to start painting my studio. This morning I've prepared the first wall to paint, laid my drop cloth, and gathered all my supplies. Unfortunately, since we've already started The Great Garage Makeover, I can't find a paint tray for the roller.

So I guess I'll start cutting in. Hopefully when hubby gets home, he can find a paint tray. (It's kind of like Where's Waldo in the garage at the moment.)

Recipe for Zucchini Quiche here today.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Julia - How do you make your hexies?? Are they not made with paper templates?? Kris