Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pear-fect Fabric

I've been trying to use mostly Kaffe fabric in my Baltimore Christmas blocks. But I couldn't find a Kaffe fabric in my stash that spoke Pear to me. As I was sorting fabric during The Great Studio Makeover last week, I found this plaid. I would have never thought to use plaid for pears, but the pears are small. And the variations in color provide a nice change from one pear to another.
And I love the little speckles throughout the fabric - very pearish, don't you think? The fabric is Marie Kelzer for Westminster Fabrics. I've had it for years!
I spotted this little fellow outside my kitchen window this morning. Spring is almost here!

A special shout out to my good friend, Judy R.! One of her quilts got First Place in Lancaster!!!! And another one of her quilts has been juried into the Paducah show! Congrats Judy!!!

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I do love the pear fabric and the pears and, especially, your lovely blue bird!