Friday, March 4, 2011

Fabric Swap!

I had a bee meeting at my house yesterday - the best therapy EVER!!!! Good friends. Decent food (I made it easy and put out sandwich fixins'). Great conversation. And FABRIC!!!!

We are having two different bee challenges this year, both optional. One involves 12 inch fabric squares. We each picked out our own colors. We each cut 5 12-inch squares for each person in their chosen colors. Yesterday we handed out the squares. I selected orange and blue for my Alma Mater, Auburn University. 'Bout time I made an Auburn quilt! I love the selection I received - wonderful variation in value and print.

We all have the same pattern to use, but we can use another pattern if we wish - very flexible. I'm going to read through pattern before I decide what to do with my fabric.

Dad update: He did come home on Tuesday. I called yesterday afternoon to find my mom sobbing. She had walked him outside for a bit and he fell into a bush. Cut his hand up. He blamed her for the fall since she was in front of him. I went over to check - he'll be fine. From now on she's not going to let him go outside. Hmmm...

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Aren't you glad you have your art? Once when I was going through a particularly trying family crisis, a friend pointed out to me that quilting has saved more women from insanity than psycho-therapy.