Monday, August 27, 2012

I'm Allergic to WHAT?!


I went to the Allergist today.  I was thoroughly tested - it wasn't bad at all.  They poked my forearms a bunch, labeling each poke with a number.  Fifteen minutes later we had a verdict.  And what am I allergic to?  DOGS!

I was shocked!  We've had up to FIVE dogs at a time, and I'm allergic to dogs?  Nope, I'm not allergic to cats.  Go figure.


Anyway, there is no need to do anything drastic like getting rid of the dogs, thank goodness!  I can't imagine life without them.  We do need to keep them out of our bedroom.  So that will start tonight.  And I'm also allergic to dust mites, rye and fescue grasses, and one type of mold.  But the dog allergy seemed stronger than the others.

The doctor gave me a month's supply of a nasal inhalant to use once a day.  Hopefully, that will do the trick.  I go back in a month and if I'm not better, we'll talk about allergy shots.

It's getting self explanatory by now, but above is the block for today and the latest group shot.  Can't believe I already have 20 of these!


Here is the number 3 (March) Sue Spargo block for this year.  I learned a new stitch last night and I love it!  It's called the Woven Picot.  Aren't they adorable?!  I'm making them with a variegated Valdani Perle Cotton.

2 comments:

fiberchick said...

It is a good thing you have Dachshunds. They are not really dogs but pushy little men in liver-colored suits!

Types of Mold said...

too bad!!! but before you go to allergist do you love dogs?