Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mish Mash Zig Zag and Drizzle Stitch


I used two different green fabrics in today's block, plus a rerun of the brown woodgrain.  It looks like three green fabrics, but the dots all came from the same fat quarter - it has different variations of color.


This morning I sat down (with great concentration!) to learn the Drizzle Stitch.  This is the second Sue Spargo block (that was number 3 I showed yesterday).  When I got to the point of learning this new stitch on this block a couple of weeks ago, I had a headache and my brain wouldn't work well enough to figure it out.  Today it came more easily.  But the first stitch I made was ugly - see that knobby pink thing sticking out above?


I cut it off and tried again.  Okay, I think I've got it now!  Four down, MANY to go.....  This will be my TV activity tonight.

Today I went to a newcomers' luncheon - women only.  I really had a great time!  I met more interesting women and think I'll get involved in this group.  In fact, I signed up for so many mini-groups that I may be overdoing it!  What did I sign up for?  Let's see.  A book club.  Canasta.  Nope, I've never played Canasta in my life.  Bridge 101.  Nope, I've never played Bridge before either.  But they said they'd teach me.  There is another Bridge group for serious players.  The Bridge 101 group is very low key and non competitive.  I'll try anything once.  If I don't like it, I'll cross it off the list.  They also have a Let's Go Exploring group, a Mahjong group, and maybe something else.

Don't worry - I'll still make time for quilting!  It's my priority!

Lizard Lips Prince didn't catch anything today.  If fact, I never even saw a lizard, though he certainly looked.  I think they've all migrated across the street.

3 comments:

Sujata Shah said...

Julia,
When I moved to this place and was new it was really difficult to meet people. Wish I had gone to the newcomer's club. You never know when you will find friends. I ended up finding best friends through blogging.. right here in my town.
I am glad you enjoyed the meeting this time around.
Your idea of block a day is quite nice. I may have to try that for a quilt.

Emily said...

I'm so glad you had fun at the luncheon and that Prince didn't eat another lizard!

Also, those Sue Spargo blocks always look so fun!

Debby said...

Football season is right around the corner, better not make any plans on game day the traffic is over the top crazy!!!!