Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Little Progress


I was looking on my computer for a picture of my missing antique Singer sewing machine to attach to our claim form and found this old photo of Mickey and Prince.  Look at little Mickey!  I had forgotten how spotted he was when he was a puppy.  Now he's almost 5 and Prince is about 11 with a gray snout and chin.  Never did find a photo of my machine, so I just attached a photo of a similar machine.


Here's today's zig zag block.  Oh, I like this one!  The dot is a Kaffe Fassett fabric.  This is definitely a shouting block with wonderful contrast.

I didn't have as much time to sew today.  I had a visit from a plumber and the gas company, all trying to figure out why our fireplace is not working.  Hopefully someone will figure it out soon, especially before the weather turns cold!

This afternoon I had my first dental appointment here.  It was great - like a spa.  While my teeth were being cleaned they gave me a hot wax treatment on my hands.  I could have had a free massage, but I passed on that.  I know - should have done it - but I wanted to come home and check on the doggies.

1 comment:

Debby said...

What sweet puppies! That is my favorite block so far, your quilt is going to be great!