Friday, August 17, 2012

My Roots Are Showing!


Another mish mash block!  I combined  pink with those little girls with cats.  Works fine.


And the group so far.  Wow, I've already made 12 blocks!  This is going really well!  Before you know it, I'll have a quilt top.


And lookie, lookie!  My avocado pit has 3 little roots!  That's my kitchen sink in the background, by the way.

Tonight hubby and I tried a restaurant that was new to us, or at least new to him.  I'd been there one time several years ago when chaperoning a high school band All State group.  It's nothing fancy, but was just right for a casual evening.  It was delish, and I'd definitely go back.  I had grilled lemon pepper catfish with a salad.  Yum!  We have a list of restaurants around here that we want to try.  So far we haven't been disappointed.

4 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Just wondering how your husband is doing with his long commutes?

Debby said...

Lots of cute scrapyness on your wall now!! My new "Make Do" project is granny squares all from scraps, so far so good. Thanks for the challenge

O'Quilts said...

Wow...I am so impressed with your zigzag...I want to do it too, but it is slow going around here. And, I have not done the avocado thing since my children were young. In Miami, the avocados grew in the back yard.

Nifty Quilts said...

I love your "streak of lightning" quilt! I found you from Sujata's blog today.