Wednesday, August 29, 2012

An Antique Outing!


I thought I deserved a little outing today, so I went to a local antique mall this morning.  It was so much fun!  And so BIG!  It took me over an hour to make my way through the entire place.  I thought I'd share some of the interesting things I saw.  The pretty bow tie quilt above is for starters.


And here is a cute cow softie made from an old quilt.


This made me look twice.  The tag says it's a redneck wineglass - ha!


Look at the handles on this purse - anyone need a fork?


I loved this quilt top!  It's vintage, but well made and in very good shape.  It didn't come home with me though.


I loved this old Rit Dye display shelf - I was very tempted here, but it was pricey and I didn't get it.



This was labeled "Singer Sewer."  From looking inside, I think it's an old buttonhole gadget.


Here is a child's dress made from yo-yo's.


I'd never seen one of these; it's a smoker's chair.  Can you imagine seeing someone sitting here smoking and dropping their ashes in the metal contraption on the floor?


Another old quilt.  The picture doesn't show the color well - the yellow is really VERY BRIGHT orange.


This gave me a laugh - Redneck Bubble Bath.  The bag is filled with dried beans.  Think about it.  It took me a minute to get it.


And finally, here's a strawberry quilt.  This was a fun trip.  Did I buy anything?  Yes, a couple of small things, but there are so many pictures in this post, I'll wait and share them another day.


Today's block is another mish mash, but it has nice contrast.  22 blocks done now!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Cute block and intresting things you ran into on your outing. I love to check out shops like that but it's rare that I buy, we have to much around here already!!