Friday, August 10, 2012

Math????


Yes, indeedy!  Had to do a bit of math today to figure out measurements on a piece of fabric.  No, I did not remember the formulas for 30-60-90 degree triangles from my 9th grade geometry!  Thank goodness for Google!  I figured it out - it's a weird measurement, but at least I know how to cut the fabric.


One of today's projects was to give a nip and tuck to my design wall.  In the course of the move, the gridded flannel had loosened.  So I put it upside down in the floor and restapled around the edges.  Of course, half way through I ran out of staples!  I know I have some somewhere, but I couldn't find them.  Just because we're unpacked, it doesn't mean we're organized!  I ran to the grocery store this afternoon to get more - so that project will continue tomorrow.


And the zigzag block of the day.  These are BOTH very ooo-gly fabrics!  Gold sunflowers and purple and black checkerboards!


And here's the group photo.  Looking pretty good.

MAKING DO Report:
So far, so good.  I haven't bought any fabric - haven't even been tempted.  My rotary cutter blade  is getting dull and I have no more.  May have to spring for a pack next week.

2 comments:

O'Quilts said...

I want to make those blocks too. How big are your HSTs?

Debby said...

The blocks look great together. Good for you on keeping to the Make Do challenge, no spending here as well!