Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Quilt from Men's Ties

The girls have both headed back to their schools.  Finals start in just over a week for both, then they'll be back home for Christmas break.  Within an hour of their departures, I got back to work on the gallery show.  The quilt above is one I made a couple of years ago using ties.  It's a textural piece, with lot of threads hanging loose.  I stitched down the binding so it's ready to go.
As you can see, we're all a bit tired, but a good night's sleep will quickly cure that!  I'll have plenty to keep me busy, that's for sure.  Tomorrow I'll go to the Christmas luncheon for one of my quilt bees.  Can't wait!

I know you're sick of seeing this darn plant, but I couldn't resist one more photo.  I promise this will be the last you'll see of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bet you miss the girls.Still not long till Christmas.Great use for ties. My husband has so many ties that he doesn't wear especially some larger ties from the '70's that would be great for a quilt. However, he is a hoarder and I'm sure would not let me use them. LOL.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yours blooms at Thanksgiving, and if I'm lucky and get any blooms at all they are usually in March or April.