Sunday, November 9, 2008

Am I Allergic to Quilting?

I certainly hope not, but I've been sneezing and sniffing all day!  No fun, but that comes with the season.  And our fall color is so pretty this year!  I'll sniff my way to Christmas if I have to.

I did sew a bit today.  I finished this little quilt with a selvage flower, a bottle cap center, and pop tab grass.  The leaves are scraps of raw silk and the surface of the quilt was dry brushed with paint after quilting.

Then I made this little piece called Midnight Tulip.  I decided to put binding on this one, which I have yet to stitch down.  One of these evenings I need to gather up all such quilts and stitch down the binding!

I want to give a shout out for help for Just Jenn.  Click on her name to go to her blog.  She's collecting 5 inch charm squares for a 1000 pyramid quilt; these fabrics need to be mostly black.  She has a good example at her blog.  I'm sending her several, and the best part - she'll return the favor by sending back some of her stash.  You even get to pick what you want - I'm asking for batiks!

Tomorrow is our guild meeting.  I need to gather the things I need to take:  name tag, box to collect slice quilt pieces (tomorrow they're due!), 2009 calendars to sell, sign-up list for new bees, fat quarter for drawing, block of month (oops, I haven't done it yet!), and I'm sure there is something else I'm forgetting.  Oh yeah, the green prize for Donna B!  Have a good Monday!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your sneezing and sniffing doesn't last long.