Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Is it Christmas Yet?

My Christmas Cactus certainly thinks so.  I've had this plant for years.  It's about the only thing I can grow.  Other houseplants are not safe with me.  I either over water or under water.  I give them too much sun or not enough sun.  But this plant has endured all my mistreatment.

It blooms faithfully every year.  But it always blooms at Thanksgiving instead of Christmas. Every year, without fail, I have beautiful blooms at Thanksgiving.  So enjoy now, because come Christmas, the blooms will be gone...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny that but it is a forgiving plant as I have one too and it seems to thrive on neglect.

jano said...

What a cool sack. My cutting from your plant is thriving. It's growing roots like crazy. It's ready to pot now. Blooms are coming out. My Mom (the one with the green thumb) said there were two cactus plants - a Thanksgiving cactus & a Christmas cactus. I have a black thumb, so I don't really know. I tend to kill most plants except silk ones. Perhaps this one will make it. I've had a green vine that's made it since April. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

I love the bag, I copied the instructions. Hope to make one soon.
I am sure that is a Thanksgiving cactus. I have one that looks just like it,only not as many blooms. Sally