Saturday, November 1, 2008

I Finished the Face!

I didn't work much today - too busy running errands and watching college football.  One of our teams won and the other lost.  But I did go upstairs to my studio for a couple of hours, and YES!  I finished the face!

This is always the most critical part of the portrait (obviously!).  I didn't want to get too far with the background until I was sure the pattern I'd designed for the face was realistic.  And I'm satisfied.

There is nothing worse than putting together a large piece, spending weeks on it, only to discover upon further study that the face isn't really a good likeness to the person.  And believe me, it has happened to me before.

So, I'm excited.  I don't have to start over yet again!  I think I'll celebrate by taking the evening off.

1 comment:

Tommy & Emily said...

it looks just like me!!