Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fabric Stamping

Okay, I know.  It's not the most beautiful fabric in the world, but I'll make it work.  This is what I get for not using PFD fabric.  The dye just doesn't take as well.  I still like it though, and I already have an idea of what to do with some of it...

As you may can tell, I got out some stamps (and a rubbing plate) and had a little fun with paint on some of it.  While I had the paints out, I had a sudden urge to paint a dress.  Weird, I know. I'm not sure where the inspiration came from, but it did.  So I did.  And here it is.  (Turn your head sideways.  I forgot to rotate it.)
I painted this with acrylics on a piece of my NEW black Kona cotton.  The blue dots are made with a drinking straw dipped in paint.  I think I'll add a face (maybe a yo-yo) and hands (maybe buttons).  This is little - the background fabric is 6 by 8 inches.

2 comments:

Sunflowersweetie75 said...

Love, Love, Love the dress can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

That dress is lovely. What fun you are having just makes me want to jump in and have a try.