Sunday, October 7, 2012

Yuckity- Yuck....



Yup.  That funny feeling in my throat yesterday afternoon was indeed the beginnings of the dreaded Yuckity-Yuck.  Hubby's case is still hanging in there.  He's a bit better, but a long way from well.  Ugh.  So I know the next few days will not be pleasant.

This afternoon I felt well enough to head to the studio to get my zigzag on.  At first it took me twenty minutes to make one block.  Now I've got it down to about ten or eleven minutes.

I was still doing okay after that, so I forged on.  I made another border for the Gee's Bend quilt.  Yes, I even sewed it on.  So now that top is finished!  I can't get a good picture though until the zigzag comes off my design wall.  If that isn't incentive to start doubling up on zigzag blocks, I don't know what is!

That amount of sewing did me in.  Maybe I'll feel like hand sewing this evening.  Maybe not.  This too shall pass.

2 comments:

Debby said...

feel better soon

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia... Love your Zig zags! That Doxie print is precious! Block came out great!I grew up with Doxies so I'm very impressed with the fabric!!! Hope you and your DH feel better. It's that time of year again when the bug is going around. No worries about commenting me. I'll start a goole acct. soon.

Sue G.