Saturday, October 20, 2012

A New Seam Ripper: Seam Fix


I made my zigzag this afternoon - it was a quickie since all the half square triangles were already sewn.  Only five more to go!


Despite my "Making Do" challenge, I decided that I really NEEDED a new seam ripper.  I only have one and it's a puny, cheap one.  While at the Georgia Quilt Show I spotted these Seam Fix seam rippers and decided to get one at $6.99.  I thought I'd do a little review on it since I had to unsew a seam tonight and was able to make use of it so quickly.


The first thing I noticed when I took off the lid was the loooong spiky thing - is there a technical name for it?  Anyway, it's so much longer than the cheap seam ripper I already own.  It makes it so much easier to poke under a seam!


The lid of the seam ripper has a rubber bulb thingy (another technical term) that is advertised to pull out the loose ripped threads from the fabric.  But would it really work?  YES!  I just rubbed it lightly across the threads and they came right out!  No need to grab the tweezers or pluck with my fingers.  Easy peasy!  This was definitely a good buy!


I spotted these colorful socks at the show, too.  Oh, I drooled over them!  But at $20 per pair, I passed.  Kind of wish now that I'd gotten some though.

No comments: