Friday, October 5, 2012

A Sweet Doxie Giftie!



I got a call from a Birmingham Quilters Guild friend a couple of days ago - she had read my blog and seen the black and white zigzag blocks.  She had some fabric that she thought I might like (UNDERSTATEMENT!) and wondered if she could send me some.  OMG!  Yes, PLEASE!

I can't wait to cut into this!  It will definitely appear tomorrow in a zigzag block, and I do believe there's enough to fussy cut for some cute hexies.  Thank you, Nancy M!


Today's mish mash.  That's a ceramic coaster, hand painted by an artist in South Carolina.

I did lots of work on the Gee's Bend quilt today.  I sewed all the bits together and now I'm working on the border.  Hopefully, I'll have a finished quilt top to show here tomorrow.  Secret Project 2 is also coming  along - I unsewed my mistakes, and have resewn them.  The end is near for it, too.

Hubby is still sick.  :(  We cancelled our weekend plans - our guest is not coming to stay.  We will stay home and watch ball games (and I will sew) while hubby rests and drinks and sniffs.  Poor thing.

No comments: