Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Back to Work!


As much as I enjoyed having my Mom here for several days, it was good to get back in my studio this morning.  The sun was shining and I was smiling as I got back to work.


Yes, I got my zigzag on!  I was running low on dark triangles so I cut more fabric.  I only made one block, but I did spend time sewing blocks together.  I only need 8 more blocks to finish this quilt!


Here's my solution to the problem of running out of fabric for the border on Secret Project No. 2.  Instead of the squares of the scarce dotty fabric (at top of photo), I found two other fabrics in my stash and made hourglass blocks.  Sometimes when you "MAKE DO" you end up with an even better design choice.  I love the way this quilt is turning out!


After making all the hourglass blocks, I trimmed them to perfection.  Glad to be back on track!

This afternoon I played Canasta and then got a (much needed) haircut.  Tonight: hand sewing!  And TV with hubby!

No comments: