Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Blind Ambitions


The zigzag of the day.  These black and white blocks are probably getting rather boring, so I've started putting a little something in each photograph - just trying to keep things interesting.


I'm still working on a secret project.  This morning I realized I've made a big boo-boo.  So tonight I have a date with a seam ripper.  I had to cut ten 8.5 inch squares for this project this morning to correct said mistake.  Whoops - only enough fabric for nine squares.  So in the true spirit of "Making Do," I pieced the last block.


I know this photo is a bit dark, but here is a little corner of my studio.  I bought the bookcase yesterday at Target - needed a spot to put a stack of books.  It gives me wonderful space to put other sewing necessities (and knick knacks).

As for the blog title (Blind Ambitions) - so what's that about?  I've been very slack in hanging blinds in naked windows.  Company is coming this weekend!  So this morning THREE windows got blinds.  Not many more to go.  :)

Spent the afternoon playing Canasta.  Now I'm a pooped pup.  And there is no food to be had around here.  Hubby doesn't know it yet, but we're going out for dinner!

No comments: