Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sock Knitting


I'm doing it!  I'm knitting socks!  I'm working on my second one.  The hardest part for me so far is getting one started - I worked for a couple of days to get this second one going - kept having to start over again and again and again and again.


Here is the back side of the first sock.  See that row of lavender yarn?  That's where the heel will be added.  The class I'm taking teaches many different heel (and toe) techniques.  I'll be making an "afterthought" heel - you add this row of stitches with a contrasting yarn where the heel will go.  Then once you finish the sock, you go back and add the heel.  I've decided to get both socks to this point and then add both heels at the same time.

So what else is new?  Our friends came Monday and we had a nice basket block making session.  Yesterday I hosted my small quilting group here.  Today I'll get back to my regularly scheduled quilting!

No comments: