Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Quilter's Block


We'll all heard of Writer's Block.  I think I have a case of Quilter's Block.  I've had pieces of a quilt (not the one in the picture) on my design wall for over a week now.  Every day I move things around, hoping to get the design right.  I can't make it work!  I love the background, but it doesn't fit with what I'm try to accomplish.

This morning I realized it's time to move on.  I'll put the background aside for a future project and rework the parts and pieces.  So today I'm planning to play with some new background possibilities.  What fun!  So freeing to let go of the past and move forward.  (This could be said about so many things in life.)  Once I figure out the new background, I think this quilt will TAKE OFF!  I hope so, anyway....

I did make a basket block yesterday.  Isn't this a bit of happy?  I don't know how many I have at this point - guess I'll have to count them soon.

I picked up my sock knitting last night - hadn't touched it for a couple of weeks.  I would love to finish my first pair of socks by the end of February.  Do you think I'll make that deadline?  I'll give it a try, for sure!  I already have yarn to make the next pair.  Yup, I'm already accumulating a yarn stash!  Oh dear...this could be dangerous!  :)

The sun is shining here today - glorious weather!  I think I'll try to fit a walk in this afternoon.  I need to move more, I know.  Though my weight loss since the first of the year is going very well -  I've already met my February goal.  Maybe I can even lose another pounds before March rolls around.  :)

Have a happy day!

No comments: