Tuesday, February 12, 2013

More Quilt Guild Inspiration


Before I get to more photos from yesterday's guild meeting, I want to show you my latest finish (3rd this year). I know. The mistake is front and center, sticking out like a sore thumb.  I finished the top about 3 years ago, discovering the mistake as soon as I finished.  Too lazy at the time to fix it.  Then it became a piece to practice machine quilting and sat for about two more years.  I finally put the binding on it, finishing the hand stitching Sunday night.  I donated it to the Cuddle Quilt program at BQG Monday morning.  Whew!


Here's a quick shot of an adorable sweat shirt jacket C was wearing - bet you didn't know I took a picture of your back!  :)

The speakers for the meeting were two sisters from Tennessee who have written String Quilt Revival.  Their program was wonderful - here are a few of their quilts:




By the way, these patterns are not in their book - they sell them as separate patterns on their website.

I was also enamored with their hooked wool rugs.  I have done only a bit of this, but seeing their work made me want to do more.  I'll share some rug photos tomorrow...

2 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Like your finish...no mistakes!

Lisa A said...

I like it with the mistake! So glad you posted pics of their newest quilts. I didn't have my camera.