Monday, February 4, 2013

New Projects


Back to the studio today!  I'm so glad I had so much hand sewing last week - I could sit with my Mom and visit while I worked.  But now, I'm back to my machine.  What to work on?  After fondling my new fabric for a bit, I decided not to cut any of it....yet!

I pulled out these Anna Maria Horner "Field Study" fabrics that have been in my stash for about 7-8 months.  I paired some of them and sewed together wide strips.  So this is the start of Secret Project #4.

Then I pulled out some other fabric I bought in Paducah at Carol Bryar Fallert's shop YEARS ago and started working on the background for Secret Project #5.

Yup, I started TWO new quilts!  What fun!


This morning my old cordless iron died.  I knew it was coming.  I've had it almost 10 years.  I use this iron beside my sewing machine to press small bits while I'm piecing.  I miss it already!  I'll be replacing it soon.  I do like to have one cordless iron - very handy at times!


My heavy duty iron is across the room at a large ironing table.  I typically use this iron for pressing larger pieces of fabric before cutting, pressing quilt tops, backings, etc.


When I made today's basket, I was up and down and across the room constantly to press.  But I'm sure it was good for me!


I also prepared the backing for Secret Project #3.  And I have it all packaged with the quilt top ready to send off to be quilted.

No comments: