Monday, February 18, 2013

A Friend-ly Weekend


We had a wonderful whirlwind weekend with lots of friends visiting us. Thursday through Saturday we hosted one of my high school friends and her daughter while they went apartment hunting here. Loved seeing you, Dawn and Ivy!

Saturday morning, one of hubby's friends came from B'ham with his sister and nephew for a quick tour of our house before they headed to the basketball game.

Sunday evening my best bud from college days came over with her two daughters. I hadn't seen her for about twenty years, but we've stayed in touch. So fantastic to see you Carol, Katie, and Beth! It's always good to see old friends!


This afternoon was all about new friends. I went to a guild member's home and hand sewing with a group of women. Everyone here is so welcoming to me. Our guild library is kept in this home so I had a chance to browse. Look what I found! My first book!


Here are the two projects I'm working on this week - still hand quilting on this Secret Project.


And more hexie flowers for the next Secret Project.

Check out The Hexie Blog to see one of Victoria Findlay Wolfe's latest quilts....

No comments: