Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Quilting and Piecing and Cigars? Oh My!


I am truly blessed.

I had a wonderful time yesterday afternoon with some of my new quilty friends.  I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.  :)  Above is Jan's quilt - I think I showed the top here a few weeks ago.


Look at the dainty scallops she quilted in the border.  She donated this to a local hospice center.  Lovely.  (It's a Bonnie Hunter pattern.)


And here's another beautiful top.  This is Carol.  What is so amazing about this quilt top and Carol is that she recently (in the last few months) lost an arm to cancer.  But she's still quilting!  So inspiring!  She is a beautiful person...


And one of my new buddies had this converted cigar box in front of her.  She said she bought it years ago at a department store.



It makes a great sewing caddy.  Oh, I may have to put my DIY hat on and make one of these for myself.  I'm thinking it would be great to house my hexies!

When I got home Peggy and I spent a good while on the phone going through our manuscript page by page.  Today I'll mark all our changes, have a copy made, and then ship it back to AQS.

And hopefully I'll fit some sewing in this afternoon.


No comments: