Saturday, March 23, 2013

Art Quilt Progress


Okay, here it is this morning.  Not done yet!  I finished the quilt top yesterday morning and then added shading to the tree using Inktense Pencils dipped in fabric medium.  Next I added a bit of acrylic paint, also mixed with fabric medium.

Once all this was dry, I add the batting and backing, finishing the edges with a pillowcase edge instead of using binding.  Then came the machine quilting.  Click on the picture and maybe you can see the stitching better.  I used several different colors of thread.

Today I'll be doing some hand stitching with perle cotton to add more dimension and texture.  I'm planning to use some lighter blue threads on the sky to lighten it a bit.  Can't wait to get started on it today!


Here's where I was yesterday afternoon:  a small fiber art show in Montgomery!  I'll share some pictures soon.


After a lovely dinner, hubby and I rocked out with Elton John.  We had a great time!  Yes, we're a bit sleepy today but it was worth it.

I just noticed that you can see my reflection in that cellphone!  Can you see me there?

No comments: