Monday, March 25, 2013

Photographing Quilts

I don't know about you, but photographing quilts is always a challenge for me.  Where to do it?!!!!

After six months in our new home, I finally figured out a solution here.  We have a trellis "wall" surrounding our back patio:



Hubby found some big hooks (meant to hang over attic beams) we had at our old house.  But any big S hooks would have worked, too.  I put two of these hooks through the trellis and put a quilt on a curtain rod on the hooks.  Voila!


Can't wait to show you the entire quilt....


Here's the backside of another quilt I photographed this morning.


I love the little back detail  - leftover squares from the front of the quilt.

I know these photos aren't good enough for submission to a juried show, BUT for my current purposes they are just right!

How and where do you photograph your quilts?  Inside?  Outside?

No comments: