Saturday, March 9, 2013

Can a Quilt be Too Perfect?

I'm sure most of us would say a quilt can never be too perfect!  I'm mean really, aren't we all going for perfection in piecing, appliqué, and quilting?  Those quilts that win the big awards at quilt shows are nothing short of perfection.

HOWEVER, the quilt top I've been struggling with for weeks now needs to be a few steps AWAY from perfection.  Let me explain.

Yesterday I put the final borders on.  Done, yay!  Not so fast....

The borders are now too perfect for that wonky look I'm trying to "effortlessly" achieve.  This quilt is going to be the death of me!  What to do?

I think today I'll take sections of the border off, chop them up, and add a second fabric in the mix.  I think (HOPE!) this well make it perfectly imperfect!!!




While the above mentioned quilt top simmered on the design wall, I CLEANED and CLEANED upstairs.  Bathrooms: cleaned.  Beds: fresh sheets.  Towels: placed in cleaned bathrooms.  Furniture: dusted.  Floors: vacuumed.  Studio:  oh so clean! 

No comments: