Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Quilting Tips


How about some fun tips today?  The first is from Sue Spargo; she recommends using little girls' Goody hair clips to secure the loose thread end on perle cotton.  This tip comes at the perfect time for me since I'm hand quilting two quilts with perle cotton!


And here's a cool idea from my coauthor, Peggy Rhodes.  She bought this Lasso Golf game at Big Lots and covered the horizontal rods with flannel.  Now it's the perfect spot to organize her fabric strips beside her sewing machine - INGENIOUS!

Lots of busy-ness going on around here!  I finished the hand stitching on Secret Project No. 5 yesterday.  BUT then I decided it needs one more border.  This is the quilt that won't stop growing!!!  I picked out a fabric from my stash for the FINAL border and even cut it out.  Today I'll sew it on.  By Monday I want to have it basted, ready to quilt.

Last night I continued the hand quilting on Secret Project No. 4.  Not much more to go - so excited about this one!

What an exciting Spring! Quick and Easy Hexie Quilts will be printed VERY SOON!


No comments: