Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I Made the Deadline!


I did it! I made this little quilt in a matter of a few days...making the deadline for the local art competition. Whew! You know I love my hexies, but it was nice to do something different over the weekend.  I call it "THE SUN IS SHINING THROUGH."

The voting is done on Facebook.  There are 41 entries.  Voting will continue through March 31, and then the top ten will be judged by former winners of this competition to declare the winner, which I believe will be sold in the Auburn Art store.  If you would like to vote, you need to be on Facebook and "Like" the site AuburnArt.com.  Then you can vote for my piece which is on the second page of entries.  Here's the Facebook link:  Auburn Art Contest.


Here's a shot of Mickey Blue Eyes enjoying the sun today.  It was a bit chilly though, and he was more than ready to come back inside!

I'm sending lots of love to Daughter 2 and her kitty, Luna, tonight.  Luna is sick.  She just turned one year old a few days ago, but now is not expected to make it.  We are sad.  :(

No comments: