Thursday, September 6, 2012

Feeling More Rested....


Here is the finished 3rd (March) Sue Spargo block.  I really do love those woven picot stitches around the big pink circle.

Can you see them?  I'm better at them than I am at the bullion stitches.  Though I think I'm finally figuring out some little tricks to make my bullions better.  It's about time!  Click on any of these photos to see them bigger.


Here are the 3 finished blocks together on my design wall.  I cut the pieces for the 4th block the night before we left for Augusta and worked on it by my Dad's bedside at the nursing home.  Do you know how when you are working on a project, it holds memories of what you were doing at the time?  The 4th block will always make me think of Dad.

We are all doing better today.  Catching up on lost sleep.  Not crying at the drop of a hat.  Getting back to normal.  I haven't gotten into my routine of a zig zag block per day yet, but that will come soon.    I'm packing up the 4th block (still in progress) along with some hexies to have with me in Augusta this weekend.  I'm hoping I can convince my Mom to come back to Auburn with me - we'll see.  Either way, I'll help her get a lot done.  She has boxes of Dad's stuff she wants us to go through.

1 comment:

Nina Marie said...

ohh these are wonderful! the stitching add a lot! I would like to invite you to link up to our Off the Wall Fridays where art quilters are sharing their creative endeavors every week. Its easy and inspiring!