Friday, September 14, 2012

Curtain Day


Yesterday was Curtain Day.  This has been on my list for a long time!  I'm sure you know what a job this is.  First I had to hang the curtain rods which involved lots of measuring, drilling, wall anchors, up and down on a ladder, reaching and stretching.  I decided to hang just one panel on each window.  Next step will be to mount some honeycomb blinds to control the light as needed.  This is a guest bedroom.  Curtains and rods from Ikea.  Bedspread from Target.


A dark picture, but here is the other guest bedroom.  Corner windows.  Rods from Ikea, curtains from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Hubby and I took a lunch break at Irish Bred Pub in Opelika - here's an interesting tree I saw along the way.  I wonder what came first - the tree or the building?

Hubby spent time organizing the garage, a project that will continue today.  My plans include hanging honeycomb blinds, cutting up some of Dad's shirts for quilts, and maybe...just maybe....a zig zag block!

Tonight:  going to street party on Toomer's Corner!  We're excited - Auburn's first home game (since we've lived here) is tomorrow!

1 comment:

Debby said...

So much to do in a new home. Good luck getting back to your zig zag blocks, why not let hubby do all the work so you can play!! Enjoy the game tomorrow as long as Auburn is not playing Bama we pull for them, LOVE Saturday football!! Ha