Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cheery Cherry Ice Cream


I promised that something CHEERY would be coming soon and here its is!  CHEERY CHERRY ICE CREAM!!!!!  While I was in Augusta with my mother over the weekend, her neighbor brought her some of this.  It is SO good.  Before I left I got the recipe.  The best part: you don't make it in an ice cream maker!  But you'd never know it from the fluffy, creamy texture.

CHEERY CHERRY ICE CREAM

1 (10 oz.) jar Maraschino Cherries, undrained and chopped into pieces
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
1 cup heavy cream

In a large bowl, combine chopped cherries and their juice, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice,  and lime peel; mix well.
In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream with mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form.  Fold whipped cream into cherry mixture.
Pour into freezer safe container.  Cover.  Freeze until firm or overnight.


If this isn't CHEERY,  I don't know what is!!!



Last night after it got dark, we tried out the newly working fireplace.  Works like a charm.  Fire lover, Prince (AKA, Lizard Lips) immediately got on a Pouf and made himself at home.  He was sad we only had it on for five minutes.


Here is a recent visitor (outside, thank goodness).  Have you seen these before?  It's a Zipper Spider.  You might have to click the picture to see her better, but I'm sure you can see her signature zippered web.  If you're wondering what that is in the background, it's hubby back.  I had him squat on the other side of the web so it would show up in a picture.  Yesterday I watched Miss Spider wrap her egg sac in webbing.  I read that after they deposit and wrap their egg sac that they eat their web and go off to die.  Sure enough, today there is no sign of her or her web.  Zipper Spiders are big and scary looking, but they are not poisonous to humans and they eat bugs like mosquitoes, so I liked having her around, as long as she's outside, of course.

I'm determined that tomorrow I'll have a sewing/quilting photo to share!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Oh my that ice cream sure looks good. Thanks for the recipe I will be giving it a try. Yuck, yuck, double yuck on spiders. As long as they are outside and I don't have to see them then they may live.