Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Good Mail Day


Look what came today:  a nice fat envelope from the Pillsbury Bake-Off.  As many of you know, I been a finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off twice.  In 1998, I was able to travel to Orlando for the finals for my Lebanese Pizza recipe.  I didn't move forward in the competition, but had a great time.  In 2000, I was able to go to San Francisco for my Pesto Crescent Twist with Feta Spread recipe.  This time, out of 100 finalists, I finished in the top four, coming home with $10,000.  Put the money toward a new car.

Since those competitions, I'm considered a Bake-Off alumna, and they do treat us well!  I always get a wonderful packet before every Bake-Off.  And usually another packet after it's over.  They sent me the 2012 cookbook with all 100 finalists' recipes, a cute little spiral bound Pillsbury cookbook, and a little jar of McCormick cinnamon.  Fun stuff.

I've been a finalist in other cooking competitions, too.  I've been thinking about writing an e-book to teach how to enter cooking contests - once you know the tricks, it's really not that hard to come up with a recipe that might win some money.  Any interest out there?

I got everything on my list done today, except I STILL CAN'T FIND MY KINDLE.  :(  Hope it turns up soon.  The hunt will continue tomorrow.

Every day I seems to experience a "last" here in Birmingham.  Tomorrow is my last hair cut  - love my stylist!

On the sewing front: nada, nothing, not a stitch.  Tomorrow?  Maybe?  Hopefully?

No comments: