Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Selling and Sorting


Yesterday:

1.  Purge and organize office - CHECK!
2.  Call movers - CHECK!
3.  List items on Craigslist - CHECK!
4.  Sewing - no check here :(

Above is a chest of drawers I listed for sale - they are coming out of the woodwork to buy this!  I think I could sell 50 of them!  Of course the price is right - only $25.  The left end (that you can't see here) is very rough.  I got it at a garage sale for only $35 - I definitely have gotten $10 of use from it.  This piece is definitely sold.  A bed I listed has lots of interest, so I think I can consider it sold, too.

The office clean-out took hours!  I dragged 5 huge garbage bags of junk to the garbage pile.  Why did we keep hanging on to all this junk?

I ran into one of my neighbors yesterday afternoon.  She told me how one of her pastor's recent sermons had really spoken to her.  The jist of it was that we all have way too many material possessions.  Why not get rid of stuff we don't need or use so someone else can use it.  Such a great message!

I know we have accumulated far too much stuff.  Stuff we don't need.  Stuff we never use.  Stuff that just sits in the attic, or a closet, or a drawer.  If we had a space to put it, we kept it...just because.  No more of this!  We are really getting rid of TONS of stuff.  Hubby and I talked about it this weekend - we are determined to pare down!!!

Today:
1.  Sort stuff in hall bedroom
2.  Sort my closet
3.  Cut some fabric - gotta touch some fabric TODAY!


1 comment:

Cheryl in Friendsville said...

I can totally relate to what you are saying. DH and I have a whole bonus room over our garage that has been the final resting place of "stuff". If I cleaned out that room, I'd have a place for a long arm quilter (something I've been wanting for a few years - but don't have room for it!!)

I'm going to start on cleaning out stuff TODAY!!!

www.katydidart.net