Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow Day!

We did indeed get snow!  When all was said and done we had about 3 inches.  This is our home.  Do you see those 2 dormer windows?  That's my studio.  There are 2 identical dormers on the back of the house.  The light reflecting off the snow gave the BEST light to sew by today.  The entire house seemed bright and cheerful.
Prince decided he doesn't care much for snow; he preferred napping by the fire.
Mickey was quite confused.  His tennis ball turned into a big snow ball.  The bigger it got, the prouder he was.
At times it almost seemed like a blizzard.  Snow is such a rarity here, and we do enjoy watching it fall.  Luckily there were no power outages around here, so my sewing machine could purr all day.  And it did.
I finished the February stash quilt well before lunch.  Now I need a name.  PLEASE HELP!!!  I'm terrible at naming quilts.  I thought about "A Day Late and A Dollar Short", but in years to come it probably won't make any sense.  I'm quite proud of this quilt, mainly because I haven't made a quilt this big in years.  And I just plain like it, too.

As soon as I finished the quilt, I spent an hour or so straightening up the studio.  I decided I couldn't start another project until I'd neatened up a bit.  Once that was done, I started working on my March stash quilt.  I actually made 4 blocks.  Ironically enough, I realized that this quilt is a nine patch - how funny is that!  Though it is so totally different than the Feb. quilt.  Tomorrow I'll show my progress on this new quilt.


3 comments:

Just Jenn said...

It came out lovely. Sorry I can't help with a name... I'm bad at that as well.

Anonymous said...

Quilt looks great and fabulous snowy pictures.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Us northerners are so happy to share a little snow with you and miss this last storm.