Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunrise Quilt Block Update

Sorry for the delay; it's been mighty busy around the Wood household.  Daughter two arrived Saturday for her Spring Break, along with her boyfriend.  So we've been nonstop this weekend. Daughter one will be here Friday for her week off.  The dogs are loving every minute of having extra hands to pet them, laps to sit on, and more faces to lick.  Mickey even got to go along on a hike this afternoon.  I think he'll be one pooped pup tonight!

I spent the afternoon getting ready for our guild AQS Guild Challenge - our meeting is tomorrow and the quilts are due.  I so hope there are at least 8 quilts entered, since we need at least that many to enter the competition.  I'm cautiously optimistic.  Tomorrow after the meeting I'll have lots of pictures to post; you may remember that these will all be round quilts, so I can't wait to see them.

I've made participation ribbons for all who bring a round quilt, plus I have a first, second, and third place ribbon for the top vote getters.  I have slips of paper ready for members to use to vote, numbers to pin on quilts (to use in the voting), a recycled coffee container to put the slips in, paper and pens, straight pins, etc., etc.  I hope I haven't forgotten anything!!

By the way, I've deleted the instructions for the Sunrise quilt from my blog posts.  I realized I was infringing on the copyrights owned by the Material Obsession blog, and I certainly don't want to do that!  Best to everyone! 


No comments: