Monday, March 30, 2009

A BIG Mouth

I finished the mouth!  I've done a bit of the nose (not shown here) and I'm also working on his furry chin.  This project is actually going faster than I expected, considering it is all sewn by hand.  The only problem is that I'm now OBSESSED!  I don't want do work on anything else.  I don't want to make the bed, clean the bathroom, or put the dishes in the dishwasher.  I only want to work on this quilt.  No wonder it's going so fast.

You may remember that the photo of Patches shows only half of him.  The left side is just blue sky.  I'd originally planned to  use my January stash quilt as a background.  But now I've decided it's just not right for this.  So now I'm trying to decide what to put on that side of the quilt.  Should it just be blue sky, but done in a similar fashion to the portrait?  Or should I put something there...maybe flowers?

I'll have to think about this.  Here are some possibilities though.


1 comment:

Joan said...

Lovely tulip photos.