Monday, March 16, 2009

Owlies and Hexies

This is not a quilting project, but I couldn't resist showing it.  Our younger daughter's spring break was last week; while home she had to decorate a plain wooden owl for her big sister in her sorority.  Didn't it turn out cute?  She decoupaged Amy Butler scrapbook papers to delineate the owl's features.  Let's hope the big sis doesn't read this blog - I highly doubt she does!


And now for more eye candy, below is a shot of another quilt by Judy Cloe.  I love everything she makes!  The is a One Block Wonder.  This fabric is perfect for this quilt.
I'm back to sewing today.  Daughter 2 left Saturday.  Daughter 1 arrived for her spring break Friday.  Daughter 1 left today for Seattle to interview for a summer internship.  Daughter 1 will return Wednesday night and leave to go back to school on Sunday.  Hubby and I need to install a revolving door, I think.

1 comment:

A Creative Life said...

Hi Julia,

'Green Quilts' a nice concept. I have some scraps form a quilt gone wrong and I am desperately trying to make something worth while from it, but at the same time it has to look like it was meant to be....... But yes what I am committed to is that I don't start a new quilt project till I complete the one at hand, that way I don't have stashes of fabric lying around