Saturday, March 14, 2009

Round Quilt Challenge: Part 3

This is Needlework Makes My World Go 'Round by Susan Patton.  Click on the picture to better see some of the varied techniques used.

This is greenquilts.blogspot.com Make My World Go 'Round by yours truly.  This start out with white fabric.  I quilted the circle, put on the binding, and then dyed the piece.  Then I added the recycling symbol in the center on a selvage background.
And this is Colorful Cottons Make My World Go 'Round by Gerda O'Leary.
This was a fun challenge; it made us think in a different way, fitting something we love into a round quilt.  I nearly never decided what to do or how to do it.  It was amazing to see how each quilt took on a life of its own, pushing the quilter to create something unique.  It is so important in life to push the envelope, try new things, experiment, experience.  I once heard someone say, "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

So keep on stretching yourself, pushing yourself, and never settle for less than you are capable of doing.  My sermon for the day.  I'll get off my soapbox now. 


2 comments:

Lisa A said...

I love Gerda's "pins"-pearl beads and long stitches.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

The results for this challenge are amazing.
K