Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Warm Fire...

Is there nothing better than a dog sleeping beside a fire?  Prince has gotten quite brave this year, sleeping on the hearth.  When the fire is not going, he gets on the hearth and stares at the pile of (fake) logs, willing them to come to life.


Here's another quilt from the guild meeting - a new take on the t-shirt quilt.  I thought this was such a great idea!  Myrna Wise started with a ready made fleece blanket she purchased at J.C. Penny.  She applied Pellon Wonder Under to the back of each t-shirt cut-out and fused them onto the blanket.  Then she feather stitched (by machine) around each fused emblem.  I know that technically it's not a quilt, but it's oh so much easier!
I managed to fit in about 4 hours of quilting today, at long last.  I'm still working on the portrait quilt made of tiny strips.  It continues to be tedious, but I'm definitely getting faster.

1 comment:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I can just see him staring longingly at those cold logs. Don't you just love doggies?