Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stripping along...

I'm still stripping away at this quilt.  I'm hoping to get all the blacks and grays done by the end of Friday.  I've decided it would be helpful to start setting small goals like this.  The girls will both be home next week for their Christmas break and I want to get as much of this done before they arrive.  My ultimate goal is to finish the quilt top by the end of the year.  Oh dear, that's not far away!

I'm only going to post little pieces of this project until I'm finished, so stay tuned!  Click on the picture above and you'll be able to see some of the unique fabrics I'm using.  Look for the paper clip, the dalmatian dogs, and the piano keys.  Oh, also look for the computer printout fabric.  I love quilts that pull you in to look closer.
Okay, here's a challenge.  This plastic thingamabob came off a two pack of hydrogen peroxide I purchased earlier this week at Costco.  You know me well enough by now to know I'm going to figure out a way to put it on a little art quilt.  But I need ideas!  Please!

My first thought was to turn it horizontally for eyeglasses.  Or angel wings.  Please let me know if you have any other ideas for me.

Tomorrow I have a special story to tell - a reunion of old friends through my blog.

No comments: