Friday, December 26, 2008

I'm Back!

I actually made it upstairs to my studio today!!!  Yay me!  I got back to work on THE Quilt.  My goal for today was to finish the dog.  Mission accomplished.  I tried to take a picture - wouldn't you know, the memory card is missing.  I know exactly where it is; it's in the scandisk thingy that I use to upload the photos to the computer.  Now if I could only find said scandisk thingy!  Before our family members came over on Christmas Eve, my dear hubby did a wonderful job picking up lots of miscellaneous stuff cluttering our den and kitchen.  He doesn't remember what he did with the scandisk thingy.  I'm sure it will turn up in the next few days, so you'll have to use your imagination until then.

We had a hectic, family filled Christmas Eve, and then we had a wonderfully relaxing Christmas Day.  We slept late, the girls opened their gifts, and then my dear hubby, who does not normally cook, treated us to his one and only specialty - Baked French Toast with Pecan Praline Topping.  He makes this every year on Christmas Day.  YUMMY!

That afternoon, the four of us went to see the new movie, "Marley and Me."  I'm not usually a movie cryer, but this was a definite tear jerker, especially if you're a dog lover.  It was a great movie.

Things are getting back to normal in the health department around here.  Emily is so much better.  I'm feeling better, but not quite up to full speed.  I'll probably be coughing for another week, but I'm not complaining.  We're doing so much better than last week at this time!

I spent some time this morning working on my list of goals for 2009.  I'm so excited about this.  They say if you write something down, you're more likely to accomplish it.  Plus I'll be accountable on my blog for these accomplishments, too, which may be added incentive.  I'll post the final list here on January 1, so stay tuned.  You may be surprised by some of them.

Today being the 26th, it's my four month anniversary for this blog and my green quilting journey.  I could have asked for fabric for Christmas, but I realized there wasn't any fabric I really needed.  My quilty Christmas gifts were magazine subscriptions (renewals) to Quilting Arts and Quiltmania, and a screenprinting kit.  I can't wait to learn to screenprint!  Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.  Hopefully I be taking photos again tomorrow.

No comments: