Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gallery Show

I spent the morning at the gallery; we hung all the bigger works.  The gallery staff will hang the rest over the next couple of days.  My quilts are sharing the space with calligraphy from around Alabama.  Above is my quilt, "Floating."
Here is "Photo Booth:  Sisters and Friends" and "Vulcan."
This is "Happy Feet."  

I took about 30 quilts.  The reception is in a few days.  The gallery staff seemed confident that they will sell some.  That would make me so happy!

I have to admit, it's a relief to have this done!  There were so many little last minute details to take care of, but it's all out of my hands now.  This afternoon I went upstairs to my studio and actually worked on the portrait quilt - the one made of strips of fabric.  It felt so good to be doing something besides getting ready for the show.

Then I took a break and trimmed selvages from the pile a friend gave me.  It was wonderfully mindless, just what I needed today.

I realized a few days ago that I've made it past the three month mark on my Green Quilting Journey:  not buying any fabric, books, etc., for quilting for an entire year.  I'm 25% there!  And I haven't made a DENT in my stash.

I've realized that lately my temptation is not fabric, but things like dyes, cool gadgets and tools, and maybe a book or two.  Thank goodness for the magazines I already subscribe to - they keep me inspired, along with other quilter's blogs.

Don't you think it's time for another giveaway?  I do!  Tune in tomorrow for the details.

No comments: