Thursday, December 11, 2008

Another Sneak Peak and a Renunion


I just couldn't stand it - I wanted to give you another peak at my quilt.  THE Quilt.  The never ending, strip fusing, tedious, but satisfying quilt.  I'm liking the way it's looking, and I think I'll meet my goal of finishing the blacks/grays tomorrow.  I'll have to figure out a new goal for the weekend.  Below is my black/gray palette.  This is four different piles of strips pushed together for the photo.  Each of the piles has strips cut from three to seven different fabrics.
And now I'll tell you the reunion story.  You probably remember my post from earlier this week, "A New Use for Buttons."  I shared a photo of my friend, Cyndi Wheeler, wearing her cute top with a button Christmas tree.  Within a couple of hours of publishing the post I received an e-mail from far away Wisconsin.  I'll let Cyndi tell the rest of the story:

"Yesterday Julia Wood took a picture of me and my Christmas tree sweatshirt that I had on and posted pictures on her blog.

A friend of mine in Wisconsin (who actually introduced me to quilting in the 70's and that I've really not communicated with except through Christmas cards over the years) was on Julia's blog yesterday, saw my picture, said, "That looks like Cyndi Wheeler!", read the blog and found out it was me, and then wrote to Julia to get her to say hello to me (because she didn't have my email address)!  What a small world.  I promise that I will communicate with her and try to be a better friend!"

Isn't that cool?  It's wonderful how the internet brings us closer.  I read blogs from around the world now, and I've had people from approximately 40 countries read my blog.  It is a small world, indeed.

Don't forget!  Friday is the last day to comment to enter my drawing for fabric scraps.  Simply make a comment telling me what you'll do with the Aunt Donna scraps, or give me a "green" quilting tip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That quilt looks fantastic Julia. Thanks for the sneak peek.
Great that those two friends could get in contact again.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Julia, Thanks for posting the photo of Cindy
She emailed me and sent some photos of things she's recently completed. Of course I've emailed back too. We promise to keep in touch.
The world gets smaller each and every day in part to this wonderful thing called the internet.
K