Sunday, November 11, 2012

Kantha Vest Progress


I was so productive today!   I decided it was high time to finish my Kantha Quilt vest, so it was first on the agenda.  I finished all the seams - now the "wrong" side looks as good as the "right," so yes, indeed it can be reversible!


Then I made oodles and oodles of bias binding and stitched it all around the perimeter of the vest and around the arm holes - ready for hand stitching!  But I won't be leaving well enough alone - I think I need to embellish here and there with....some HEXIES, of course!


Basket-a-day: found these dots hiding and paired them with some neon lime.


And the group shot:  14 blocks done.


I also found these Kaffe Fassett stripes hiding - hmmm, maybe I could throw some of these in with the baskets?


Yes, I think it will work!

Hubby is doing a bit better - yay!  I took some time out this afternoon to head to Lowes where I bought a refrigerator for our garage.  We had two refrigerators at our old house - left them both for the new owners.  I really can use extra space during the holidays when I cook so much more than usual.  I knew I'd better get one soon since Thanksgiving is almost upon us.  It will be delivered Tuesday.

No comments: