Monday, January 3, 2011

The Inevitable

After getting through the wedding, Christmas, and New Year's Eve and Day, my cold turned into something worse. I can't complain though since I made it through all the celebrations. I went to the doctor today and was given a lovely steroid injection. Came home and crashed on the sofa. Hopefully, I'll have more energy tomorrow.

So why am I showing you mushrooms and pearl onions? Because before I got so sick, on the 30th, Daughter 2 and I spent the entire afternoon making Beouf Bourguignon, Julia Child's recipe. One year I gave her Julia's book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, for Christmas, and she gave me a copy of the movie, Julia and Julie. We had seen the movie together months before.
We had never attempted to cook something quite so complicated and time consuming. It was so much fun doing it together. Special memories! And the dish fully lived up to its expectations - very delicious!!!!

Be back soon with crafty goodness. Sniff, sneeze, cough....

No comments: