Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Another BOM Done!

I finished my first Lollypop Tree block! So far, so good on my year of BOM's. Three different BOM projects, three blocks completed in January with a few days to spare. Plus one "playtime" block made from the scraps of the BOM's. This year I'm committed to being more PRODUCTIVE in all aspects of my life, including quilting. I'm so excited that it's working!

I also worked on another quilt yesterday (for my new book); sorry, I can't show that yet, but I'm thrilled with the way it's turning out!

It's a cold, rainy day today- perfect for staying in and getting some quilting done, along with a bit of housework. Plus I'm going to be looking into getting Power of Attorney over my parents at my mom's request. Dad will turn 87 in a couple of weeks, and Mom will be 81 later this year. She realizes that I need to be able to make decisions in case one of them becomes unable to do so. It's hard to watch what the aging process has done to my Dad, in particular. I'm afraid he'll have to go to a nursing home within the next year, and I know he will not be happy about it. Luckily, they do have an insurance policy which will cover a good portion of the cost. But it's not something I'm looking forward to.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Congratulations on that first block. All the light colors stood out with a black background. Fantastic! I know how you feels about your father because my beloved grandma is turning 90 after this Chinese New year and she's been under the weather a bit these days. Best wishes to the older people in your family!